Transfer students who currently hold a valid SEVIS record (F-1 status) at another institution must request that their current F-1 SEVIS record be transferred to Harrisburg University. To determine transfer eligibility, students should consult with their current F-1 sponsor.
The following steps must be followed:
- Apply for Acceptance to Harrisburg University as an F-1 Student
- Receive an Acceptance Letter if you meet the Admission requirements
- Show your HU Acceptance letter to your Transfer Out school's DSO. Follow their process for requesting a Transfer Out and SEVIS release date. Ask them to also watch for the electronic request you will send them (see #6 below)
- Pay a Tuition Deposit
- Receive HU log in Credentials and begin using your HU email when contacting HU offices
- Log into Terra Dotta to electronically request the International Student Advisor Recommendation by entering the email address of the DSO at your Transfer Out school, and Complete the Student Questionnaire for Transfer In HERE.
- Submit a CPT application (if applicable) HERE by the deadline
- Pay remaining Tuition Fees by the deadline
- Complete ISO Check-In HERE
- Attend Orientation on your Start Date (mandatory)
Note: If the SEVIS record is not released before or by the HU program start date, students whose SEVIS record has not been transferred will be withdrawn from classes.
If you still have an unexpired F-1 entry visa from your previous program, you may continue to use that visa for travel after you are transferred to Harrisburg University.