In order to request Curricular Practical Training (CPT) work authorization, please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Complete the Academic Work Placement (AWP) Form. The form must be signed by you and your employer. For instructions on how to complete this form, please review the following support article: Academic Work Placement

2. Login to the Terra Dotta System and navigate to the Request Center to find the CPT request.

If logging into Terra Dotta for the first time, you must access the system via the Welcome to Terra Dotta email sent to your HU student email. 

We recommend that students access Terra Dotta through a desktop/laptop device, as mobile compatibility is limited.

3. Follow the prompts to complete the request form and upload the required documents. 

Once your request is submitted with all required documents, please allow 5 business days for processing. Your updated I-20 will be sent to your Harrisburg University student email address. 

Documents Required:

The following supporting documents are needed based on the type of CPT request you select. All supporting documentation, including employment letters, must be no older than 30 days (except for CPT extensions). 

NOTE: You cannot begin working until you receive your I-20 with CPT authorization and can only work for the employer and dates on the second page. If you would like to apply for an extension of your CPT authorization you will need to submit a new CPT authorization request.