Sometimes USCIS may issue a “Request for Evidence” (RFE). Within the RFE, Harrisburg University may be asked to submit documentation regarding your enrollment and maintenance of F-1 status.

If you receive an RFE and determine the need for a response from the ISO, please follow the instructions below:


  1. Submit a Terra Dotta request HERE and be sure to include your official RFE notice
  2. Pay the $250 processing fee that the Business Office will place on your student account. (please allow 5 business days for the charge to post) This must be paid before your RFE can be completed. (Exception: RFEs for OPT and STEM OPT are not charged a processing fee)
  3. An electronic copy of your RFE Response Package will be sent to your HU email address within 2 weeks of your request.

Please note that your full name and address will appear in your RFE response package. If your address has changed, please make sure this is updated with the Records and Registration office before submitting your request. 

Where can I find the documents I need to submit my Change of Status application?
HU does not provide direct support for students changing from F-1 to another visa status. If you require any of these items for personal use, please refer to the following: Useful Forms for International Students.

Note:  If you would like to add additional documents to your RFE this is at your own discretion, but must be provided from your personal records. Professors and other offices at HU do not process RFE document requests for students. By HU policy, please do not reach out to other offices or professors regarding RFE                       documentation.


Syllabi: It is the student’s responsibility to keep all syllabi copies from completed courses for their records if needed for personal use.. Currently, HU does not include syllabi in our RFE responses. While they are an example of evidence that can be included in an RFE response package, they are not obligatory. Our RFE response package has proven to be successful without these documents. If you would like to include your syllabi, you must provide them yourself. If you did not save them for your records, you can download a course description from the  HU Online Catalogue.