SEVP Form I-20 Financial Requirements
Modified on: Tue, 4 Feb, 2020 at 3:53 PM
The SEVP Form I-20 and visa interview at the U.S. Consulate require you to show sufficient funding to cover the financial requirements of your program.
- Only proof of your FIRST YEAR of expenses is required.
- These requirements are estimated expenses and are subject to change.
- The estimated and actual figures may differ but minor discrepancies will not affect the visa application.
- The amount includes tuition, fees and living expenses for 3 semesters over 12 months (any combination of Fall, Spring and Summer semesters).
- The financial information will appear on your I-20.
- The financial document(s) you provide must equal or exceed the financial requirement for your program.
- The amount shown on your I-20 may be less than the amount you have provided on your financial statements. The I-20 only needs to show you have funds for the estimated cost for your program.
- Documents must not be older than 1 year.
- Highly recommended: Convert funds into U.S. dollars. If not possible, clearly indicate the quantity and type of currency.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.