CPT in the PhD Program

PhD programs at HU are Applied programs, therefore Curricular Practical Training (CPT) may be requested by F1 students to be authorized for the required work placements tied to learning and research in the PhD course of study.

A PhD candidate may therefore request CPT authorization from the beginning of the PhD program.

A doctoral student who completes all coursework and enters the thesis/dissertation phase of the program may be considered for CPT if the work experience is clearly documented as necessary for completion of the thesis or dissertation, as determined by the dissertation advisor. 

When you are ready to submit your request, please login to the Terra Dotta System and navigate to the Request Center to find the CPT request. We recommend that students access Terra Dotta through a desktop/laptop device, as mobile compatibility is limited.