To transfer to another institution you should first read the information below and complete the request HERE
Overview and Eligibility
- You are eligible to transfer to another institution only if you maintain valid F-1 status.
- Once the transfer release date passes, Harrisburg University cannot access your SEVIS record and you must report to the new institution.
- If you wish to transfer prior to the completion of your HU program you should consult the International Student Office (ISO) in advance to discuss transfer timing and eligibility requirements.
- As of the transfer release date, you will no longer be eligible to work on-campus at HU, through Curricular Practical Training (CPT), or on your Post-Completion OPT.
- F-1 students who complete their program must apply to transfer to the new institution within 60 days of the completion of their program at HU or within 60 days of the last day of their Post-Completion OPT.
- You must begin classes at the transfer-in school at the next available term. For F-1 students, the next available term must be within five months of the last date of attendance at HU or OPT end date.
- If you are not eligible to transfer the SEVIS record from HU to the new institution, you must request a new SEVIS record be created by the new institution. You must leave and re-enter the U.S. by using the new I-20 and consult an adviser at the new institution for further instruction on travel and reentry.
How to request a SEVIS transfer out:
- Complete the Transfer SEVIS Record Out Request HERE
- Make sure to include a copy of the letter of acceptance and transfer in form from the new school
- Also include your desired SEVIS transfer release date