After two (2) semesters are completed, a student on F-1 status may request a semester break.
Students are able to take a full break or partial break.
Examples of full semester break: Break request for Fall and come back Spring semester
Example of partial semester break: Break request for Fall and come back Late Fall semester
- Harrisburg University operates on a trimester schedule and full time enrollment is expected year round. You must be approved for a semester break by the International Student Office (ISO).
- A student may NOT be employed on Curricular Practical Training (CPT) while on a semester break.
- When a semester break is approved, CPT must cease as of the last day of classes of the semester before the break.
- A student on break is not required to leave the U.S.
- Students are permitted to travel outside the U.S. as long as they have a valid passport, visa, and active form I-20.
How to request a Semester Break:
Breaks requests need to be submitted no later than the last day of their current semester before the break. Students should submit a request for a semester break via their student portal in Terra Dotta or by clicking HERE.
Note: H-1B and All Non-F1 students