If you are enrolling in a new program of study that is eligible for CPT, you will need to apply for CPT.  CPT does not automatically carry over from another degree.  You will need complete the following steps to apply once you have registered for the upcoming semester:

Please note- you cannot work on CPT in the gap between your programs.  The earliest you can resume CPT is the beginning of your new program.  There are no exceptions to this rule. 

  • Obtain a copy of your official offer letter on company letterhead that is signed by the prospective employer. A photocopy is acceptable. The letter should include the employer’s name, full address, dates of employment, and duties.

  • Complete a CPT Form with your employer. 
    • Helpful Tips for completing the CPT Form
      • Position Title and Position Description: The student’s position title and description are to be entered on these lines to indicate direct relation between the job duties and program of study.

      • Start Date and End Date: The start and end date of CPT are to be entered on these lines. Do not enter dates of overall employment.

  • Submit the CPT application HERE