What is an H-1B? 

The H-1B visa is a temporary employment authorization for a nonimmigrant who holds a U.S. bachelor’s degree or higher in the same field as the job offered. The employer is responsible to submit an H-1B petition on your behalf by filing a Form I-129 with USCIS for adjudication.

How Do I Determine if I was selected in the Lottery? 

To determine whether your petition was selected in the H-1B Lottery, please refer to your employer or the attorney who applied on your behalf. They will receive direct communication from USCIS and should remain your point of contact throughout the entire H-1B process. The International Student Office maintains and records your F-1 status and only become involved in the H-1B process if you receive a Request for Evidence regarding your petition.

Can I travel while my H1B Petition is Pending?

If you have filed for a Change of Status it is not recommended to travel while your petition is pending, however please contact your attorney for further clarification.