If you are applying for your own initial I-20 and will be accompanied by dependent(s), you need to be sure to include dependent information in your application or submit the information to the International Student Office prior to your F-1 visa interview as each dependent will need their own dependent I-20.
The following documents must be submitted in order to obtain an F-2 I-20:
- Copy of both passport ID pages for each dependent
- Copy of your marriage certificate if you have a spouse dependent
- Copy of the birth certificate for any child dependents
- A financial affidavit stating that you or another person will be financially supporting your dependents through the duration of their stay in the U.S.
- A coordinating bank statement should be provided showing that you or another person have the necessary funds to support your dependent(s). A spouse dependent requires a student to show an additional $5,000 in support and for each child dependent an additional $2,500 must be shown.
Submit a request for the F-2 Dependent I-20(s) with your Initial I-20 request HERE