Below is a list of recommended documents for international travel.
* items are required
- Valid I-20 signed by a Harrisburg University DSO within the past year or within the past six months for students on post-completion OPT*
- Valid passport (for more than six months from the date of intended return)*
- Valid F-1 U.S. Entry Visa*
- Proof of initial SEVIS fee payment
- If on post-completion OPT, valid EAD card
- If on post-completion OPT, job offer letter or recent pay stub from employer (strongly recommend)
- Unofficial transcript, letter of enrollment, or student class schedules (optional)
- Financial document(s) listed on form I-20 (optional)
- Valid Form I-20 endorsed for re-entry by ISO within the past year*
- Valid passport (for more than six months from date of intended return)*
- Valid F-2 U.S. Entry Visa*
- If traveling alone, copies of the F-1 student's immigration documentation, including I-94. If the F-1 student is on post-completion OPT, also carry copies of the F-1 students OPT I-20, EAD card and job offer letter or recent pay stub from the employer.
NOTE: Citizens of Canada are exempt from the U.S. Entry Visa requirements. However, Canadian F-1 and J-1 students and scholars must present the SEVIS fee payment confirmation (that can be printed from the fee website) for their initial entries to the U.S.