Travel Overview

This section is meant for current students and scholars whose immigration status is being sponsored by Harrisburg University. If your immigration status is sponsored by another institution, you should contact them for travel advice and requisite signatures.

For international travel outside the U.S.:

  1. Before you leave – Ensure you have the required Documentation & Signatures
  2. While you are away – Ensure you have a valid U.S. Entry Visa
  3. Upon your return – Ensure you have received an I-94 record reflecting the correct nonimmigrant status and duration

For domestic travel within the U.S., it is a good idea to carry your passport, immigration status documents, and HarrisburgU Identification Card

Travel Documents & Signatures:

  • Click on your status below to see the required international travel documents.
  • Carry a passport that is valid at least six months into the future. Some countries have an agreement with the U.S. that allows their citizens to enter on a current passport up to the actual date of expiration; however, the policy is applied inconsistently by border officials.
  • Travel signatures for F status holders are required for re-entry to the U.S.