Complete the following steps to apply for CPT
1.) Obtain a copy of your official offer letter on company letterhead that is signed by the prospective employer. A photocopy is acceptable. The letter should include the employer’s name, full address, dates of employment, and a job description outlining how the job duties are directly related to the program of study.
2.) Complete a CPT Form with your employer.
- Helpful Tips for completing the CPT Form
- Position Title and Position Description: The student’s position title and description are to be entered on these lines to indicate direct relation between the job duties and program of study.
- Start Date and End Date: The start and end dates for which you are requesting CPT authorization should be entered on these lines. The CPT start date cannot be prior to the start of classes of the program of study. The CPT end date cannot be more than 364 past the selected start date.
- In order for your CPT to be processed, you must be registered for the semester during which the CPT start date falls. For example, if you would like to apply for CPT with a start date of September 1, you must be registered for the Fall semester (or alternatively the Late Summer semester), in order for the CPT to be authorized.
3.) Submit the CPT application via your student portal in Terra Dotta or click HERE
- When submitting requests in Terra Dotta, make sure you have completed all required items and also make sure to hit SUBMIT at the top of the main page of the ticket or it will not reach our office.
- Terra Dotta does not send confirmation emails when a request is submitted; however, when you successfully complete the request you should see some text in a green box saying "Your request has been acknowledged and will be processed in the order in which it was received" with the date and time the request was received. That is how you know the request has reached our office.